Coronavirus Support Articles
Note: We are continually adding new articles and archiving older ones. For the full list including archived links contact Lessie at email@example.com.
- “Self Care Tool Kit” (spiritual, physical and emotional care of self during pandemic), Interfaith Alliance of Colorado: https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5afa20bf12b13f54b2fa11a9/t/5eb9b093784e2246468a21e3/1589227699811/Self+Care+Tool+Kit+%282%29.pdf
- The science behind mask-wearing: Erin S. Bromage PhD Blog, https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the-risks-know-them-avoid-them
- When do I go to the hospital? Symptoms to track for the MD: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/30/well/live/coronavirus-days-5-through-10.html
- What To Do If You Are Sick (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/steps-when-sick.html
- Colorado-specific recommendations: how to isolate or quarantine, what to do if you have symptoms, state recovery and assistance (Colorado.gov): https://covid19.colorado.gov/
Food, Shopping, Nutrition
- “The Ten Best Foods to Help Fight Stress”, Everyday Health: https://www.everydayhealth.com/diet-nutrition-pictures/how-to-reduce-stress-with-diet.aspx
- “The Food Expiration Dates You Should Actually Follow”, NY Times: https://www.nytimes.com/article/expiration-dates-coronavirus.html
- Some good news to read. NY Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/14/style/good-news-coronavirus.html
- Films to Heal a Broken Moment. NYTimes:
- Family wellness during Covid-19 pandemic: https://www.joinsprouttherapy.com/parent-and-health-covid19
- “Talking With Children About Coronavirus Disease 2019” (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/talking-with-children.html
Compiled by Ministry & Worship and Service Committees, May 2020. Check again for additional links.
Boulder Meeting Public Documents
Approved Chemicals List (PDF): Cleaning products used in the meeting house are restricted to meet the needs of chemically sensitive individuals.
Conflict is unavoidable and, when handled well, is the key to authentic community. The following materials were developed by Elaine Yarbrough, a Boulder Friend and professional mediator, for the workshops she led at Boulder Friends Meeting on February 21 and April 4, 2015.
“Eldering” is a mechanism for regulating our community, helping it be the best it can. Because we don’t have hierarchy and structure, we depend on our informal norms to support a healthy, spirit-led, growth enhancing community. These notes summarize a Program Hour led by Elaine Yarbrough and Ann Kauffman on March 18, 2018.
Eldering Notes (PDF)